The sun was out the sky was blue there was not a cloud to spoil the view but would it be raining in the hearts of the ladies 1s team after 70 minutes?

Well from the off Hertford had all the possession and there was a series of short corners all superbly defended very bravely by Vicky, Ann, Helen, Maria, Debs not to mention Emma whose knees took the full force leading to a P-Flick!  This was converted and with a score line of 1-0 down Berko needed to rally however, the home team continued to let Hertford dictate play and force inaccurate passing and players moving out of position.  An unfortunate stick tackle ensured Debs had an extra 2 minutes breather on the sideline.  Even the increasing number of home supporters couldn't raise the home teams game and the first half couldn't end soon enough!
Following what can only be described as an inspirational half time talk from Hamish, switching a few players across the mid and forward lines & changing to 4 minute substitutions across the forward and mid line, Berko came out fighting.  So within the first few minutes the ball was fired across the halfway line to Megan, picked up by Anneke who passed to Mel who pulled the keeper out to go around her to get a fine angled goal.
With a level score line and new found momentum Berko dictated play and all the midfields, kept the ball in the home half, leading to another break with Alison hitting across the D and managing to find Mels stick who turned speedily and hit for goal number 2!
As the temperature raised so did the home teams game. The accuracy, strength and patients of passes across the midfielders and defenders resulted quite swiftly in another pass up to the forward line to Anekka who found Sarah who somehow impossibly stretched herself to hit the ball home for goal 3.
Now with Berko very much in control the volume of the supporters increased!!  Emily on the forward line making some good runs as did Alice in her final match for the team although she did receive some bad news from eagle eyed umpire David which resulted in the good news of an unscheduled extra 2 minutes sit in the shade on the sideline! Hertford managed to get the ball in our D for a couple of well defended short corners but unfortunately a shot on goal that even Emma's knees couldn't keep out!!
With a score line of 3-2 Hamish & Faye instructed Mel to go get a hat-trick with that she was back on the pitch some speedy but patient passes were worked across the back line through the mids and again up to the forwards Maria passing to Mel who found herself one on one with the keeper again managed to get around the goal keeper and get goal number 4!
So at final whistle and a 4-2 win there was defiantly no rain in the Berko teams heart it was only a proud captains tears of joy or was that the bottle of Prosecco that she was covered in?!
Fantastic team display in the second half well done ladies 1st team for remaining in the premier league next season.